In the white bar, located between the Toolbox navigation menu and the filters, you’ll find general settings for the whole page, in particular:
- Date: if you don’t choose a date, the Toolbox will show the data for the current week. Thanks to this option you’ll be able to go back in time and find out how the keywords and the rankings of the website developed over the years.
- Options: tailor the table according to your personal needs and requirements. Thanks to the function “Select column” you’ll be able to add more interesting columns to the table. The “Expert filter” allows you to create complex filter combinations, which you can also save and load.
- Data source: the Toolbox offers an extended database for mobile SERPs, which is why this is the default option for the table. Here you can also change the data source, choosing between desktop results, your own Optimizer keywords or data from Google Search Console.
- Export: with this button you can export the displayed table, downloading (filtered) keywords and the data contained in every column. Read more about exports and credits here.
- Shortlink: share the page with other Toolbox users. You’ll get a personalised shortlink, active for a few days, that you can share without any limitations.
For most domains you aren’t able to see all the rankings at a glance. The filters allow you to filter the results in the table and get only what you need. Every field of the table can be filtered, even the data inside additional columns added using the option “Select column”.
How filters work: choose one of the suggested Quick Filters or click on the green button “Filter now” to select one of the 30 different filter options available. You can create complex filter combinations using the Expert Filter.
The keyword table shows you the keywords and rankings found for the analysed domain. By default you’ll see the following columns. Some of them could be hidden if you use small monitors or browser windows, but you can see them again using the browser zoom function:
Keyword: the query exactly as it is written in Google. Keywords can be made up of one or more words or word elements.
Position: position of the domain URL for the keyword inside the organic SERPs. It concerns only the organic (SEO) rankings and not Ads or other Google integrations.
URL: exact URL which is ranking in Google’s results pages. For AMP results the Toolbox measures only the virtual URL on the domain-target and not the AMP URL on the Google servers.
Search Volume: number of monthly search queries for this keyword on Google for the chosen Country. The Toolbox shows the average monthly traffic (over 12 months) in order to exclude any seasonal influence.
Competition: this indicator shows the level of competition for the keyword in the organic Google Index: 0 (low) until 100 (extremely high). The higher this level, the bigger the effort to organically rank for the keyword.
Trend: seasonal relative development of the search volume on a monthly scale. This allows you to quickly understand whether the search volume for the keyword is higher during specific months.
CPC: average click price that you would pay on Google Ads, if you’d like to get a paid click for this keyword. It’s an average value, so it could vary.
Snippet preview, keyword history and SERPs: these three buttons located at the end of every row will help you get more data for the corresponding keyword. The first one is a preview of the result in the Google’s SERPs, including Title and Snippet. The second button is a link to the ranking history of the domain for the keyword. Finally, the third button is a link to the SERPs table inside the Toolbox.