The section “Ranking Changes” allows you to see all the changes in the keyword positions of your website between two different dates. You’ll be able to use numerous filters, sort the table and export the data.
In the white bar, located between the Toolbox navigation menu and the filters, you’ll find general settings for the whole page, in particular:
- Date #1: defines the start date for the comparison period.
- Date #2: defines the end date for the comparison period.
- Select Columns: tailor the table according to your personal needs and requirements. Thanks to the function “Select column” you’ll be able to add more interesting columns to the table.
- Filter: the “Expert Filter” allows you to create complex filter combinations, which you can also save and load.
- Data source: the Toolbox offers an extended database for mobile SERPs, which is why this is the default option for the table. Here you can also change the data source, choosing desktop results.
- Export: with this button you can export the displayed table, downloading (filtered) keywords and the data contained in every column. Read more about exports and credits here.
- Shortlink: share the page with other Toolbox users. You’ll get a personalised shortlink, active for a few days, that you can share without any limitations.
For most domains you aren’t able to see all the rankings at a glance. The filters allow you to filter the results in the table and get only what you need. Every field of the table can be filtered, even the data inside additional columns added using the option “Select column”.
How filters work: choose one of the suggested Quick Filters or click on the green button “Filter now” to select one of the 30 different filter options available. You can create complex filter combinations using the Expert Filter.
Open the menu contained in the Quick Filter “Ranking Increased” to select one of the following results:
- Ranking increased: all the domain’s rankings that have improved between Date#1 and Date#2
- Ranking decreased: all the domain’s rankings that have worsened between Date#1 and Date#2
- New Keywords: all the keywords for which the domain didn’t rank within the Top-100 results at Date#1 but is now ranking within the Top-100 on Date#2
- Lost Keywords: all keywords for which the domain ranked within the Top-100 results at Date#1, but is no longer ranking in the Top-100 on Date#2
- New Top-10 Keywords: all the keywords for which the domain ranked between page 2 and 10, or not at all on Date#1, but have reached the Top-10 ranking positions on Date#2
- Lost Top-10 Keywords: all the keywords for which the domain ranked on page 1 at Date#1, but rank on page 2 or lower, or not at all in the Top-100 on Date#2
- New Top-20 Keywords: all the keywords for which the domain ranked between page 3 or lower, or not at all on Date#1, but have reached the first 20 ranking positions on Date#2
- Lost Top-20 Keywords: all the keywords for which the domain ranked on page 1 or 2 before Date#1, but rank on page 3 or lower, or not at all on Date#2
- All changes: all the ranking changes that occurred between Date#1 and Date#2
Finally, you can also change the dates directly above the table by clicking on the pencil icon.
The default table that shows the ranking changes for a domain (or a path, subdomain or URL) is made up of different columns. Every header can be clicked in order to sort the table according to that specific characteristic.
- Keyword: the keyword for which the domain is ranking.
- Date #1: ranking position for that keyword on the start date.
- Date #2: ranking position for that keyword on the end date.
- Change: Change value between the start and end dates.
- URL: the URL which is ranking for that keyword
- Search Volume: search-volume for the keyword
- Competition: how much competition is there for this keyword (on a scale of 0 to 100), based on a SISTRIX calculation of numerous criteria
- Snippet Preview : a preview of the Snippet for that specific keyword in the SERPs and of its most important characteristics
- Show Keyword History : ranking history for the domain and keyword combination
- Show SERPs : shows the current SERPs for the given keyword