When a domain's ranking URL changes for a keyword, it can indicate that Google can't find the best URL for the SERP, causing visibility, ranking and traffic instability. The Toolbox includes a URL Changes feature which shows you the changes contributing to this issue and gives you detailed information about ranking history for desktop and mobile devices.
In the white bar, located between the Toolbox navigation menu and the filters, you’ll find general settings for the whole page, in particular:
- Date #1: defines the initial date to be compared in the table.
- Date #2: defines the final date to be compared in the table.
- Select Columns: lets you add or hide different table columns and then save your preferences as a separate entry.
- Filter: the “Expert Filter” allows you to create complex filter combinations, which you can also save and load.
- Data source: the Toolbox offers an extended database for mobile SERPs, which is why this is the default option for the table. Here you can also change the data source, choosing desktop results.
- Export: export the table as a CSV file. To do this you’ll need to use some credits.
- Shortlink: share the page with other Toolbox users. You’ll get a personalised shortlink, active for a few days, that you can share without any limitations.
The filters are placed just above the table and allow you to sort and define the results.
You can use the quick filter “Search keyword” to see all the results that contain a specific text. You can also edit the filter to show only the keywords that don’t contain the specified text.
Click on the green button “Filter now” to open additional filter options for the table.
URL Changes: Table
In this table we help you to identify the rankings of a domain where the best-ranking URL has changed between two freely definable dates.
Here’s an overview of the default columns:
- Keyword: keyword for which the domain is ranking
- Date #1: ranking position of the first URL (red) for that keyword on the date shown as column header
- Date #2: ranking position of the second URL (green) for that keyword on the date shown as column header
- Red URL: URL that was ranking on date #1 and it’s not ranking anymore on date #2
- Green URL: URL that is ranking on date #2
- Snippet preview : preview of the Snippet for that specific keyword in the SERPs and of its most important characteristics
- Show keyword history : ranking history for the domain and keyword combination
- Show SERPs : shows the SERPs for that specific keyword
To change the dates use the filters placed right above the table.